Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Busy Day And No More Oil Slick :)

Well, I have just now (hopefully) finished doing the personal business that has kept me busy for the last 10 days, at least for today. I'm hoping to have the weekend off of that, and the boys and I are going to clean the house and get things ready for Christmas. We will wait to decorate when my daughter arrives home, as is her wish. We like to decorate late anyway, so that the magic of the decorations is still in bloom on Christmas day.

My husband and I will be doing some Christmas shopping tomorrow evening. The last Saturday night before Christmas is absolutely the best time to shop if you don't want a crowd. Most people are out at Christmas parties, and the stores are relatively quiet. It's the best kept secret in retail! We can do five hours worth of Christmas shopping in an hour and a half. We know what we need, so it's going to be fun.


I washed out the oil slick with a 1.5:1 ratio of coconut oil to shampoo, and my hair is back to its happy self. It's amazing really, how much difference it can be from saturation level to the appropriate level of coconut oil to shampoo. I actually might have been okay with a 2:1 ratio, but I wasn't taking any chances, given how oily my hair was. I'm still working on finding the perfect mix.

Some people are having success with merely a 1 :4 ratio of coconut oil to shampoo. We're just all so different. It amazes me.

Right now, it's just me and the dog. My son is at work and so is my husband, although he'll be home for a dinner break later in the evening.  I'm wound up like a top right now after a day full of phone calls and errand, and I'm bone tired.

Once again, I'm going to do my best to relax this evening in hope that I'm ready to spring into action tomorrow.

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend, and for those of you who will be partying, please be safe.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love to all, and extra hugs to anyone feeling frightened today.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.