Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hairstyle How-To: Flipped Ponytail

A flipped-through ponytail is a very easy variation on a regular ponytail, and can also serve as a base for some hairstyles that I will be demonstrating in future entries. It's a softer look than a regular ponytail, and can be worn high or low, off to one side and even horizontally.


When I did a tutorial on my Easy Summer Updo, I did an inverted version of a flip-through. Today I'm demonstrating the regular flip-through.

I used to do this style with my fingers only, but it is quicker and easier to do with a Topsy Tail Tool.

1. Put hair in ponytail. It is best to make the ponytail well above the nape. In the photo, this is about the lowest that the ponytail could go and still have a flip-through work.  Experiment with the placement of the initial ponytail.

2. Place tail of Topsy Tail tool vertically behind ponytail holder.

3. Feed hair through the loop of the Topsy Tail.

4. Pull ponytail completely through behind ponytail holder.

5. This is the finished product. Once you're done, check to see if you have a split above the ponytail holder as I do in this photo. You can then take a fine toothed comb and comb the split together, if you desire.  Also, check to see if the ponytail holder still shows.  If so and you want to cover it, adjust hair with your fingers to completely hide the ponytail holder. I'm afraid I forgot to do these checks before taking the final photo.










So that's a Flipped-Through Ponytail.

On a personal note, I never should have implied yesterday that I couldn't feel any worse than I did. I truly tempted Fate. Last night I awoke with chills and a fever, after only 2 1/2 hours of sleep. That did not make me feel any better today. Somehow, and I don't know why, occasionally fevers come along with the migraines. 

So I'll be relaxing for the rest of the evening, heading off to bed early, and hoping to get a good and full nights' rest.

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes yesterday.

'Til tomorrow. Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. I used to do my girls' heads in this style when they were little. I always used my fingers. It was a few years later that the tool came out. LOL I find myself wondering if the fever isn't more a result of fibro. I run them quite often, always low grade, but they are there. And they come and go. I know we've talked about the possibility of fibro with you as well. I'm starting to think there are many similarities in migraine sufferers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very pretty. I used to have a Topsy Tail thingie but got rid of it when I cut my hair really short. Wish I'd kept it now.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.