Here is a back view of the updo: (All photos are clickable for larger pictures and closer viewing.)
1. Gather hair as if into a ponytail.
2. Loop ponytail around two fingers on left hand. (all of this will be opposite if your are left-handed.)
3. Twist the loop that you have created in a counter-clockwise direction.
4. Continue twisting loop until you run out of hair to twist.
5. When you've run out of hair to twist, tuck the ends into the French Twist-like portion of the hair and secure near the top of the twist and under the loop with a barrette or hair clip. In this example, I am using a medium Ficcare Maximas in Blue Jeans. I must mention that I did not end up tucking all of the ends into the twist in these particular photos.
6. Fan out loop, and leave it free, as I have done, or pin the loop in place to achieve your own desired look. You may want to pin some parts of the loop up and some in other directions for a different effect.
Here are two other photos of the finished product:
I hope that you'll give this updo a try. As I have mentioned it's extremely easy to do, and I'd love to hear how others have made it work with various hair types.
'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love to all.