Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hairstyle How To: Franny's Easy Summer Updo

This is an easy summer style that is quick, easy, requires no twisting and requires no braiding.  It can be adapted for height, and the ends can be left loose as I have chosen to do, or they can be tucked under. Also, you can experiment with flipping the ponytail through more than once for a fuller topknot.


All you need for this style is a brush or comb, a ponytail holder, and a barrette or slide. A Topsy Tail Tool is helpful, but not essential.

Here are the instructions:

1. Put hair in a high ponytail.














2. Take Topsy Tail Tool and  insert it behind the hair elastic from the bottom, with the ponytail in the Topsy Tail loop.








3. Pull ponytail up behind the elastic with the Topsy Tail.


4. Now that you've pulled the ponytail through, hold it straight up and give it a gentle yank.


5. Pull ponytail down over the flip-through, smooth it with your hand and insert as small slide or barrette.  I am using a Flexi-8 slide that was given to me by a dear friend.

Lightly comb the ends, which are now likely disheveled, and smooth them.


6. The finished style.


Another view:

11 comments:

  1. Lovely!!
    I've never seen a topsy tail in action before. The flexi-8 looks gorgeous in your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks quite elegant, especially with the soft sides. Lovely, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this and I liked it! I also experimented with a braided variation which I found made it easier for me to do the flip-through-- instead of starting with a ponytail, I made a "faux French braid", made a hole above it, and flipped the braid up through it before securing the tail and sticking a couple spin pins in the top to make it stay put. There are different versions of faux French braids; the one I mean is described in this tutorial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kOyGD_KOoA
    Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I adore your earrings too, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Never tried my topsy tail before. I'll be back to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work FrannyG. Thanks for your time and another brilliant post of hair style.
    clip in hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Thank you so much you sharing the good and resealable information about hairstyles.from your blog i can see and know about the hairstyles i like most that you mentioned in your blog that is The finished style and i can try it on my kids.by the way i can use one site that is related with hairstyles i always use this site for my kids and i can suggests to you. you can use this site and get some good information and put into your blog.
    Toddler Boys Haircuts

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grand lotto 6/55 result is not manipulated at all and it follows a very fair process of lottery draws. The result is announced at 9:00pm on the designated days of draws. So, keep checking the Grand lotto result and who knows you might win a jackpot. You really have some serious chances of winning big playing this wonderful lottery game. Let’s try to analyze your winning prospects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello everyone. I am using this medium to share a wonderful encounter about Dr Ogodo herbal mixture cream for penis enlargement indeed that herbalist is a life changer.my friends thought am a gay cause they hardly see me with women but they never knew i have small penis and erectile dysfunction [ED] but the amazing part of the story is my penis started functioning after using Dr Ogodo herbal mixture cream.i can also see a lot of people testifying about his works on facebook,instagram and internet please kindly contact this herbalist for any health issues such as [1]HERPES[2]CANCER[3]DIABETES[4]HIV/STD[5]KIDNEY DISEASE[6]ANAL WART[7]HEPATITIS[8]LOW SPERM COUNT[9]COPD[10]COLON CANCER[11]STROKE[12]DIARRHEA[13]CIRRHOSIS[14]CAD
    EMAIL[ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com]WHATSAPP[+2349044680467]INSTAGRAM[@dr_ogodo1] FACEBOOK PAGE[https://www.facebook.com/oogoherbalhomesolution

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.