Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another Quiet Sunday

It's been a nice quiet day here today, and I've enjoyed it.

I just touched up my roots and my hair is still wet. I waited 5 weeks between colourings this time, but really, my silver roots were far too apparent. It's really best aesthetically for me to touch up every 4 weeks, but this time, I wanted to give it a bit more time. However, if I had had a special event to attend this week, I definitely would have coloured sooner.

I was thinking today how nice it would be if there was just one tried and true hair regimen that worked for everyone. It always amazes me how even people with the exact same hair type differ with how they react to various products and treatments.

I feel so fortunate that I've found a regimen that works for me.

I am really starting to feel like my hair is long again for real. I am not jaded enough by the many extreme lengths at LHC to feel as though my hair is "short" at BSL.

Perhaps if I ever reach my goal length of tail-bone, I may eventually feel that BSL is relatively short, but I certainly don't feel that way right now.

I am looking forward to the ability to do more styles when my hair gets longer though, and I definitely don't think that my hair is long enough, but I'm pretty content right now. I must remember how this feels the next time I get frustrated with my hair.

Well, I don't really have anything more to blab about today. I'm going to have some soup and watch "High Society", which is a film I haven't seen in years.

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love to all.
xo

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way, Franny. My hair feels "so" long to me at the moment, yet I do still want to make it to APL. I'm trying to relax and enjoy each stage without "wishing it all away" and longing for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably need to do my roots every 4-5 weeks too, but I bet it's been more like 8 at this point. I just can't seem to find the time.

    :waving from Texas:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnily enough, I just got the feeling this week that my hair was approaching "long". Not long yet but getting there. Yet others seem to think I have such long hair. Obviously they are not members of LHC. Believe it or not, my roots seem to need doing every 3 weeks. I never do them that often of course but I've decided I have to start keeping them in check. I've been looking aged lately and I think the hair plays a big part in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Franny,

    it's been a long time since I last read your blog, and it's been due to some serious studying.

    I was sorry to read you've had a rough start this month, and I do hope you feel better now.

    On the other hand, I wanted to say a big big thank you since I picked a lot of valuable information about hair care from your blog. I've changed quite some things in my hair routine lately: I mostly do CO-ing, I oil my hair with natural oil now (used a cosmetic one previously, before I noticed that it tends to dry my hair out long-term), bought a BBB and am happy with it, rinsed with an ACV dilution, self-trimmed my tips, did a home-made protein treatment. And all of this inspired by you and your beautiful hair (it looks simply gorgeus in the progress photos!). I am also happy to announce that the scrunchie population of Romania is not extinct. And I can't wait to try and mix an oil shampoo of my own, but that after some time, so my hair gets used to all the new treatments.

    Thank you for being a great inspiration, especially in those days when I feel like just chopping my hair to ear-length where I didn't even have to comb it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.