Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Autumn!

The Vernal Equinox is just a few hours away, and with it comes the official first moment of Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere. In some ways it feels like I was just watching the snow melt in early Spring, but when I really think about it, I guess it was a rather long hot summer.

In any case, I welcome the new season, and I look forward to the beautiful colours of Fall.

According to The Almanac, today and tomorrow are good days to trim hair for optimal growth and according to  The Morrocco Method Lunar Calendar, today and tomorrow are best days to "beautify" hair, whatever that means. I suppose it just means it's a good time to do any trim, treatment or touch-up. I often notice that the Equinox and Solstice days are often viewed by many cultures as the very best times of year to trim one's hair.

It's making me rethink the idea of waiting until October to trim. After all, I'm going to get the trim one way or another, and who am I to argue with hundreds of years of folk wisdom?  Whether I trim now or trim next month, I'll still reach the same length by Christmas, which I hope is BSL.

I'll let you know tomorrow what I decide.

It was a very rainy morning and early afternoon, but it's nice and sunny now. The sun is beckoning me, so I'll close out this entry now.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love and extra hugs to anyone feeling heartbroken today.
xo

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had the cool weather to go with the beginning of Fall. We'll have to wait several more weeks for that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.