Thursday, September 30, 2010

September Growth Progress

Well, it's the last day of the month, so of course, that is progress report time. 


Today I measured in at 25 5/8 inches (65.1 cm), which made for a respectable growth month. I dusted about 1/8 of an inch this month, so while I have a net growth of 1/2 of an inch, my hair actually has grown 5/8 of an inch in September.

I'm not posting a progress photo today, since I just posted my BSL update photo a few days ago. I will be doing my quarterly comparison photo next month.

I was looking at my growth and trimming statistics for the past year (yep, I keep a chart--I really am that geeky), and while my hair has grown a total of 6 5/8 inches, I trimmed out 2 7/8 inches of damage in that time for a net growth of  3 3/4 inches.

I'm sure that you can understand that with this trimming of almost half of my growth in the past year, it's been a long haul to get as close as I am to BSL. This is why I was so surprised and thrilled to see that I will likely be firmly at BSL in the next month or two. Every little milestone just means so much to me right now.

I have no regrets about the amount of trimming that I did. It was imperative for me to trim those almost 3 inches off, in order for me to feel positive about my hair. As I've mentioned ad nauseam, I had a great deal of breakage on the bottom few inches of my hair, especially on the right side. It's nice to see the amount of see-through ends slowly getting to be less and less.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. For me, it's not about quantity; it's about quality. So I've sort of made a nice compromise, and I have experienced growth while at the same time slowly removing the non-quality hair.

It will be such a relief when the damage is gone for good.

In any case, it really does look like I'm on track to be at or near waist length by my birthday next July, even with regular smaller trims.

Did I mention that this process has required a lot of patience?

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Love to all and extra hugs to anyone feeling blue today.

1 comment:

  1. Quantity isn't good if the quality is bad. I think you're doing the right thing for the health of your hair.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.