Monday, May 17, 2010

In My Happy Place

I've been ill for the past few days, and it's starting to get frustrating.  Often when I'm feeling down or frustrated, I get impatient with my hair.  I don't know why that is, but it happens. I know I'm not the only woman who does this.

When it came time to start thinking about my blog entry for today, I started thinking about my hair, and I realized that even though I'm feeling a bit blue, I'm feeling really good about my hair's progress, appearance and overall health. It's been just shy of a month since I last touched up my roots, but I see a lot of new growth there, which tells me just how much my hair has grown in 4 weeks .  It's kind of nice to be able to actually see with my own eyes how much it really is growing.

My hair looks and feels really good too.  Although I know I still have damage on the ends, I can't see it or feel it.  I think that's due to giving my hair a lot of moisture and making sure I oil the ends. I've finally found just the right hair care routine for me.

I'm noticing week by week that I'm able to do some of the hairstyles that I haven't been able to do for quite a long time, because my hair was too short.  In the next 3 months or so, I'll be at a point where my hair doesn't look like "longish" hair, it will look like long hair.  

I'm really happy with the colour too.  I'm glad that I found just the right shade of blonde for me--not too dark, not too light, not too golden, not too ashy.

I like my bangs.  I don't regret cutting them again as they are part of who I am.  

I guess all in all, I'm in a very happy place regarding my hair.  I wanted to make a record of being in this happy place for the next time that I feel discouraged about my hair or attaining my goal.

It really is nice to be in hair nirvana once in a while--even if I'm not feeling so great otherwise.  

3 comments:

  1. It's always so nice to see those who can find the positives in the midst of life's daily negatives. So sorry to hear that you're not feeling any better. ((( you )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I had some holy grail answer for those lousy migraines. I do think weather has an effect, as well as just stress and worry. At least they do for me. So good to know that you do have a happy place, at least. I wish I could find satisfaction with my own hair. I never can; it never looks good - no matter what I do. I have a rare day of a happy accident where the hair decides to behave but honestly...Those days are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're happy with your hair. It is very beautiful. Now if the migraines would just go away.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.