Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Long Hair Community

When you're learning a new way of caring for your hair, and you want to grow it, it's nice to be around like-minded people to give you support, education and encouragement, no matter what your final goal may be. It can really be difficult to find someone to share your enthusiasm about long hair with in the real world.

That is part of why I like The Long Hair Community so much.  There are other forums about long hair, but TLHC is one of the largest.  Also, it has many members who have been there for years, and you'll find many people there who have a lot of knowledge and wisdom and are very generous with sharing it.  There is a vast wealth of information to be found there on an everyday basis, and a veritable goldmine in searching past threads. 

Also, you will absolutely be able to find someone with a hair type that matches yours, who has long, healthy hair.  I have found that to be particularly inspiring. While I admire every head of hair at TLHC, it really is helpful to see someone with the same hair type who has been through the journey that I am going through.

There are a lot of varied opinions there on just about everything, and I think that's a very good thing, as not all of us have the same goals and not all hair care tips work for everyone.

TLHC is also more than just a forum about long hair.  If you become a member, you can become part of a real community that discusses everything from pets to hobbies to health to personal issues; you name it.  Members can have their own blogs there and photo galleries as well, after they've made a sufficient number of quality posts.

It doesn't take long before you'll find that you'll find people whose opinions on some subject you'll relate to, and so many people have made some real friendships there.  I have met some of the best people there; people whom I truly count as friends,

For anyone who is feeling the need for support in your quest for better hair care, whatever your goal length is, I highly recommend not just frequenting, but actually joining The Long Hair Community.  Even if you think you're shy and may not post much, as I initially thought about myself when I joined, you may be surprised at just how easy it is to get involved and become a part of the community.

There is something there for everybody.  Give it a try. As many of us have said, "I came to TLHC for the hair; I stayed for the friendships."  Here is the link to The Long Hair Community.

4 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I never did find anyone with hair like my own. Some come close, but in all cases, they manage to tame the wooliness - something that I never can do, no matter the product or the method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is unusual not to find at least someone with hair like yours. However, you did make some of the best friends there, didn't you? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did. Though not as many as I would have liked. But then again, I know I am not everyone's cup o' tea! LOL Just ask my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading the blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.