Friday, October 1, 2010

October 2010 Progress Photos

I had said yesterday that I wouldn't post progress photos for October 1st, because I had just posted my BSL update a few days ago. However, what is a progress blog without photos of progress? 

I ran across a photo of my hair in February of 2009, and I decided to take a comparison shot, wearing the same shirt that has some clear markers on it.  Photo can be clicked to enlarge it.



My hair in the first photo, from Feb. '09 was 17 inches long. This is the shortest my hair had been in almost five years. It's a pretty good example of the breakage I had incurred. It's especially notable on the right hand side.

My hair in the second photo, taken today, is 25 5/8 inches long. I trimmed almost half of my growth in that time, so given that, the progress has been fairly good.

I do wish I could figure out a way to have the colour the same in every photo, but I just can't seem to do it. My  hair is actually the same shade in real life as it was in the before photo, but it's looking dark in the photo taken tonight and too gold in the photo on the left. I guess the lighting in the house has changed.

I'm noticing that my ends look fairly thin in the second photo, but having studied photos taken in the past month that I've posted here, I'm thinking it might be a bit piece-y because it was just a bit damp.

In any case, while it's been arduous to cut off so much hair while trying to grow it, I am very happy with the results so far. I still plan on maintaining my length for a while once I hit waist length next summer, in order to remove remaining damage.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Love to all.
xo

4 comments:

  1. Great progress. You're right about damp hair appearing piece-y. When my hair is wet the ends clump together in little doodles. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, pretty! Your hair looks like silk. You're obviously doing the right thing for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge amount of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some fantastic hair growth you got there, Franny! Your hair looks beautiful; the ends are not thin at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.