Sunday, October 24, 2010

Coconut Milk Soak Sunday

Yes, I know I did a deep oiling just the other day, but I simply felt the need to do something nice for my hair again today, so I did a coconut milk soak.

I'm getting very good at doing the soak, and I don't seem to get as many drippies all over any more. I think the secret is dipping down and really saturating my length well before putting the remainder on the scalp. Of course, now I have a bit more hair to absorb the amount that I use (200 ml--half a can)

My hair is still drying, so I can't report on the results, but I do like the "weighty" feeling that my hair has right now. When my hair is slightly damp, as it is right now, it usually feels much lighter. I can't explain why, but I just love that heavy feeling that my hair has after a coconut oil soak.

It was a month ago tomorrow that I did my September BSL update. I'm almost afraid to try it again tomorrow. Don't ask me why. I don't know.

Well, as to my personal life, I'm delighted to say that my daughter has firmed up a date for coming home. It's technically a birthday visit, but her birthday is on Tuesday, the 26th and she can't come home until November 5th, but I'll take it!

She'll be here for a week, but I think this time she'll be very busy catching up with friends. The last time she was home, many of them were away, and also she had a hectic schedule that time. We have a tentative date to go out to karaoke together, so I do hope that I'm migraine-free during her visit. My son is of legal age, so perhaps he'll join us at the karaoke bar. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't done the karaoke thing in a few years.

I am not a good singer, but I do find that singing karaoke is both fun and somehow very liberating.

I'd like to add that I'm most pleased with myself for remembering to actually reply to comments in the comments section. An old dog can learn new tricks, I'm finding over and over.

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. I enjoyed my quiet one very much.

'Til tomorrow. Much love to all.
xo

3 comments:

  1. I hope the visit with your daughter is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I'll have to blog about my one and only Karoke bar attempt! Could hear the dogs howling for miles and miles outside.

    Will keep my fingers crossed that your migraines stay far, far away. Hugs dear woman.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.