Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hairstyle: Wrapped Hairstick Bun with Tucked Ends

Well, my hair is now long enough for me to do my Wrapped Hairstick Bun with the ends tucked in without aid of any hairpins. I can just tuck the ends under before the final push-through of the hairstick.

This is what it looks like with the ends tucked in.





So I guess I've reached yet another mini-milestone. It's always nice to see progress, even in the smallest ways. I couldn't do this two weeks ago.

In just over a week it's time for me to do my quarterly length comparison update. I hope that there is enough difference in length to show a good 3 month difference from the first of August to the first of November.

There was no real difference between May and August, as only the sides were longer. I had trimmed off the "V" at the centre of the length, so that took off two inches of overall length. I'm looking forward to seeing a visible difference this time, as I haven't had any big trims.

It was a lovely, sunny morning, and then suddenly it started to rain. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. I certainly don't mind the rain, but it did come as a surprise. Well, I guess one should never be surprised by the weather in October. It's a very changeable month.

So that's it for today. I'm off to enjoy my Saturday night in a quiet way. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend too, wherever you are.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love to all.
xo

6 comments:

  1. My very favourite updo, I wear it so often. How nice to be able to do something with your hair that you weren't able to do just two mere weeks ago! I just received confirmation that my custom Crowned Ketylo Hairstick is ready to be shipped, I'm very excited. My hairtoy collection is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mini-milestones like those. Congrats, Franny! The updo looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lulu, I am sooooo happy that this hairstyle works for you. It is going to look even more amazing as your hair gets longer, especially with your beautiful curls. I can't wait to see a photo of your new Ketylo! I hope you post a photo ASAP!!!

    Ohtawen,you are so kind. It's so nice that you can appreciate my little milestones, given how long ago it must have been since you were at this length. Every little change keeps me going though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I can't wait for my hair to be long enough for this style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks beautiful!!! I've been trying this myself but somehow it always ends up off center. My hair is only 20.5", so maybe it's not quite long enough but I don't think that would make it go off center. I start at the middle lower back of my head and after twisting it around one full time it's about 1-2" left of center. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.