Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Off-Topic Tuesday: Happy Birthday To My Daughter!!!

Yes, today is my daughter's birthday. She is my firstborn, so it was 22 years ago today that I became a mother. She's living several hours away, so I won't see her today, but she's coming home on the 5th of November for a week, as I mentioned a few days ago.

I was going to write about my daughter's birth, but I'm finding it very emotional, and I will have to write about it some time when I'm not so choked up.

I am very emotional every year on my children's birthday. Perhaps it's because every detail of their birth is so crystal clear and it's hard to believe that it wasn't just yesterday.

I've never had a problem with my children growing up. I've spent every moment I could with them, and I enjoyed every minute of it, knowing how fleeting it all would be. Yet the birthdays make me so sentimental. Well, I guess that's just being a mum, isn't it?

So, since I'm finding myself stuck for words, I'll post a photo of my daughter with me just minutes after her birth.


And at 15 months. She was a going concern and a tiny package full of mischief. Look at that twinkle in her eye. She's still a going concern, but she's grown up to be a poised and lovely young woman. She still has a hint of mischief, in the best possible way.


Well, that's all I have to say about that, or I'll start blubbering.


Many, many thanks to all of you who posted such kind words and celebrated my milestone with me yesterday. I so appreciate it.

'Til tomorrow. Much love to all.
xo

5 comments:

  1. The pictures are so wonderful! I'm happy that you posted them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful expression on your face. It says everything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Aamba. Precious memories, believe me. :)

    Liliana, that was just the sweetest thing that you could have said. Looking at that photo, I do believe that my expression in it says all that I would have liked to have said in this blog entry. Thank you for reminding me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated happy birthday to your daughter, Franny! I hope you have a great time during her stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your daughter had a great time on her birthday. Love those photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.