Friday, October 15, 2010

Embellish Your Ponytail: Side Rolls

I've been in a bit of a style rut again lately. I've pretty much just been putting my hair up in simple cinnamon buns. I haven't even been braiding of late.

Sometimes it's nice to wear a really simple style like a ponytail, but it's nice to spice it up a little. You can embellish it with some 2 or more small accent braids, as I did when I mentioned embellishing a simple updo (sometimes if I have time, I use 6 or 8 accent braids), or you can try some simple rolls, which add a nice, elegant effect.

In this photo I just twisted each side of my hair into a roll before fastening the ponytail with a small Ficcare Maximas (Antique Gold with Aurora Borealis Crystals).

Twists are so quick and easy to do, and they even make my fine, straight hair look more interesting in a ponytail.

However, I find that rolls are much more impressive in wavy or curly hair. They're just as easy to make, but they make more of a statement.


I would love to figure out how to make my hair look its true colour in every photo. It either looks too dark, as it does today, or it looks too light or bright. Once in a while it looks as it does in real life, but not often. Some people really have the art of consistency down, but I just don't have it. Any ideas?


Well, it's just about time to make another video. Sometimes I still can't believe I actually make those videos and put them on the Internet for anyone to see. I was hoping to do a Celtic Knot soon, because I've had a few requests, but I can see and feel that it will be a few months before I can make a decent Celtic Knot again. I'll think of something. Maybe I'll do an Infinity Bun or a Tucked French Braid.


Good heavens, the weekend is here already! I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. This week has just flown by! Today has been nice and sunny, cool but not cold. I hope the weekend is just as nice. Whatever the weather, I wish you all a lovely weekend.

'Til tomorrow. Much love to all.
xo

2 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty!!! I have no advice about the picture taking. Your hair looks gorgeous no matter what color it appears to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try taking pictures outside if you can. If the weather isn't cooperating, try taking a picture in the brightest room of the house with no flash.

    Hope you're enjoying your Saturday! It's a beautiful day in Buffalo, so I bet it is where you are too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.