Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Off-Topic Tuesday: Still Feeling Off

Well, it's a nice and sunny day, and I actually did have a fair night's sleep last night, but I'm not even close to feeling like myself again. 

I know it's hormones due to my age, and sometimes just knowing that is enough to make me feel more at ease with myself, but this time, it's just not working. I wish I could describe how I feel. The closest I can come is to say that my brain feels as though it's not correctly in position.

I'm feeling annoyed over the tiniest things, and I'm just not feeling good about me. I know that everyone feels this way from time to time, but this has been going on for a few days, and I've had enough of it for now, thank you very much.

I don't like blogging negatively, yet at the same time, this is just the way it is right now, so there's no use in pretending otherwise. I feel as though I'm inside a dense fog and I can't see my way out. The things that normally make me smile are not making me smile right now. I just don't feel like I'm me.

Perhaps I'll wake up tomorrow morning and everything will look different.


In good news, my daughter will be coming home for a visit some time soon. That will be very nice. We don't yet know exactly when or for how long, but it should be some time in the next couple of weeks. It's a long bus ride from where she lives to here, but she seems not to mind it too much.

My son is happy with the job he's gotten. We don't know if it will last much beyond Christmas, but if not, I'm sure he'll find something fairly quickly. I don't know what it is about my kids, but they never seem to have much of a problem in that way.


It's playoff time for Major League Baseball, so there's been a lot of baseball on our television of late. Baseball is my favourite sport to watch on TV. I may be Canadian, but I'm afraid I am not a hockey fan. Nor am I a football fan. It's a good thing I like baseball.

I'm having a hard time trying to decide which teams to root for this year though. Once the Blue Jays are eliminated, usually I can pick a team that I can get behind, but not this year, I'm afraid.

Well, it's time to take the dog out. I hope that I'll have some hairstyle photos tomorrow, but I'm not making any promises, given my experiences in the last few days. I don't know whether it's my hair not cooperating or my fingers, but just like my mood, my hairstyling ability has been a bit off.


I hope that everyone is enjoying the week. I'm looking at the calendar, and I see that we're getting very close to Halloween already. And those of you who live in North America know what that means these days (and maybe elsewhere, but I can't say for sure) . It means that in less than two weeks, the Christmas season starts in all of the stores. Unbelievable.

Thanks to everyone who's been hanging in with me while I've been so down. I hope to have my characteristic optimism back soon.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love to all.

6 comments:

  1. You'll be back to yourself soon, Franny. Like you said, we all go through trying times, it appears as though this is "your" time. Not to worry, we are all here for you! Having your own personal blog is wonderful, actually. You can come here and pour out your feelings, we'll listen, and perhaps you will feel better just knowing that there are understanding and supportive friends who "get it!" I received my two new flexi 8's this morning, size medium, the smalls are too small for my updos........I've graduated!! This means my hair is definitely growing! I hope you feel a little more like "you" tomorrow. Sweet Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. The visit from your daughter will be good for you. Yep, the holidays are upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read you're not feeling your best :( I hope you will feel more cheerful tomorrow!
    Here in my country Halloween is not very important. Also, preparations for Christmas don't start so early, so no holidays here fr some time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear,

    Sounds like you are going through the change, when sleep can become odd indeed.

    At its worst for me, I laid down for awhile after dinner, not to sleep but to rest, and then to bed early. The sleep you get before midnight is the most beneficial.

    You might try using a sleep mask, which helps since your brain likes sleeping in total darkness. I use a silk one, and my rest has improved. A warm bath 2 hours before getting into bed is also helpful.

    Walking outdoors, quickly, with a friend if possible, is great therapy. I have walked my way through divorce, teenagers, and menopause, on my own and with friends, when one was handy.

    The chewable tabs from Dr. Lark called "Stress Answer" are useful for me ... they are safe and work within 20 minutes, for irritability.

    Once you are done with the change, a new lease on life appears, and well worth it!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were shocked and dismayed to find out that our local mall has, as of Friday, ALREADY PUT UP THEIR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!! *faints in aggravation*

    WTF???

    Hey - did you know that after Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF??? ;)

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I can't tell you how much you made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.