Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Doing a Deep Oiling

After doing my root touch-up on the weekend, my hair felt like it needed a good oiling. So last night I slathered my hair from the nape down, put it up on a bun on the top of my head and slept that way. I added oil to the rest of my hair this morning, and about 2 hours ago, I put conditioner all over my hair.

Once I finish writing this, I'll rinse it out, do a CO and hopefully have nice softer hair. It really wasn't terribly dry or brittle feeling anyway, but it just felt like time for a good oiling.

I pretty much knew that I wouldn't be going out today at all, so I was okay with having all of this oil on my head for the day. If something came up, I could have always washed it sooner anyway.

I still didn't get a good enough sleep last night, so I still feel as though I'm walking on a tightrope today, somewhere between sanity and going off the deep end. I know it will get better though. These things always do.

Thank you everyone, for the comments left yesterday. They really meant a lot. Each and every one made me feel more hopeful that this phase will pass.

Once again, I'm looking at the clock and ciphering just how much more time I have to put in before I go to bed. I'm going to try to hold out until 9:00. Chances are better that I'll sleep through the night that way, rather than following through with the urge I have to go and lie down right now.

It's probably a good thing that I have a headful of oil and conditioner, because there's no way I could sleep like this way anyway, and maybe the shower will perk me up a little.

I have a lot of hair-related issues that I'm just dying to discuss, but it just won't flow out right now.

Again, I thank all of you for standing by me during this time of minor difficulty. It's really hard to write anything at all right now, but nonetheless I'm writing something, and not giving up just because I'm down. Quality blog entries? Not really, but at least I'm showing up.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love to all.
xo

2 comments:

I love hearing from you.