Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Off-Topic Tuesday: This and That

Tuesday again already; where do the days go? It's a cool rainy day here today, and I have the heat on in the house. I can hardly believe how it goes from being so hot to cold enough to turn on the heat so quickly. It's been raining steadily since yesterday afternoon, and it's quite dark in the house. Of course it won't be long before it will be dark for real at this time of day.

I thought I had added the fourth photo (the close-up) to yesterday's blog entry as well as fixing some typos before I published the post, but apparently I didn't, as I had to fix them up today. So if there was a sentence that you didn't understand yesterday or if the hairstyle instructions didn't sound right, hopefully it makes sense today if you reread it.

My daughter has had a severe flare-up of eczema, and it escalated quickly into an infection. Fortunately, her dermatologist has given her carte blanche to go into the office whenever she has an emergency. She had to have four, yes four, prescriptions filled yesterday, and she has to stay off work until Saturday. It's times like this that I really dislike her living so far away. Does a mother ever lose that urge to nurse her child, even when said child is an adult?

We've spoken on the phone a few times, and the last time, I made her laugh, and considering how much pain and discomfort she's in, it made me feel good to hear her laugh.

I got a call from my mother today, and she had to have her male cat put down. He was 17 and he had a good life, but it's always so hard to lose our pets. This particular cat was one of the cats that came to our doorstep looking for a home, when he was still a kitten. We couldn't keep him at the time; we already had our limit of cats, but my parents took him, and he provided them with a lot of joy. My mother isn't overly emotional, but she cried a lot over the loss of this kitty.

It's definitely been an indoor type of day, a lazy day, and I have to admit that I don't have a lot to show for it. Some days are just like that. The hurdle there for me is to not allow it to make me feel guilty. Seeing that written in black and white has just strengthened my resolve to just accept this day for what it's been.

I'm happy to report that day by day, I'm finally sleeping a bit longer into the morning, and hopefully I'll be getting a full night's sleep every night again soon.

I see that Shutter Island is OnDemand on my cable subscription, so I think I may watch that tonight. It looks like it could be interesting. I prefer seeing movies OnDemand when possible, because it means that I can take breaks when I need to without missing any of the story. It may even be the night to pull out my Snuggie to keep me feeling toasty while I enjoy the film. After that, early to bed.

'Til tomorrow, my friends. Much love to all.
xo

2 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter feels better soon! Lazy days are important, we need one every now and then. We need some rain here, it's bone dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eczema is awful. I had it on my hands for years, sometimes it got very bad and looked like some horrid medieval skin infection. Ugh! I'm glad your daughter has such a good doctor, and I hope she will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.